Friday, December 23, 2005

All I Want for Xmas is a Migraine Pill

I woke up, had breakfast started to go about my day.
I felt the migraine sneak up behind me and try to beat me silly.
I thought, 'You bastard, not this time.' and went for my meds.
Damn bottle is empty.
I drove to the pharmacy for a refill, through unending bumper to bumper traffic.
The pharmacy tech told me my prescription had expired.
I drove back hom through unending bumper to bumper traffic.
I called the doc to ask him to phone in a refill to a closer pharmacy.
The nurse told me pleasantly it would take a few hours.
I called the new pharmacy to check if they got it.
They did.
They have a backlog of prescriptions and it will take a few hours to fill it.
Oh, and they also told me there is a terrible traffic jam in front of their store.
Very bad words are on the tip of my tongue as the skin is splitting off my skull and peeling back so my eyeballs can shoot out of my head and splatter on the far wall.
I am trying not to say the very bad words because even the sound of my own voice makes my head feels like a crazed woodpecker is trapped inside it and trying to escape.

In spite of that all, may you each have a very Merry Christmas.

5 Comments:

Blogger Logophile said...

Have you considered swedish floor finish?
I understand it is better than crack though I am unclear on its pain relieving qualities.
Hope you are feeling better soon, babe!
Merry Christmas and very gentle hugs.

12/23/05, 3:59 PM  
Blogger Bsoholic said...

Yikes, get this lady some pain relievers STAT!

Have a Merry Christmas!

12/23/05, 4:58 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Merry Christmas, Lime!

Bottoms up!

12/23/05, 5:02 PM  
Blogger S said...

Could I interest you in some whiskey? You'll still have a migraine, but you won't care! LOL
Have a good one, Lime!

12/23/05, 6:36 PM  
Blogger Breazy said...

ouch ! Hope you feel better soon !

12/24/05, 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home