Saturday, December 09, 2006

A Hijacked Anniversary

One year ago today, a blog was hijacked. The rest as they say, is history.

Let me go back to the beginning ....

Once, there was this dork named Thomcat. (dork is my pet name for him, it's not really an insult)

Anyway, he had this habit of deleting his blog. One day it would be up and running, the next ... poof ... gone. I'd link to his blog but surprise, surprise, he's deleted it again.

One night, I was reading blogs and happened upon his to find it had gone AWOL again so I took it upon myself to steal his blog's URL and hold it hostage.

One thing led to another and before we knew it, Thom, BS, Logo, Susie, Lime, Breazy, Idiot and I had hijacked a blog and made it our own.

The past year has been so much fun. We've had a fair share of coffee and llamas and bananas and llamas and chocolate and llamas ... I know, you get it.

I want to thank you all for joining me in the hijacking of this blog. Hopefully we're not on anyone's most wanted list. But, this is only our first year.

Happy Anniversary SWHAB!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

Hijackin Krazies, Hijackin Krazies
Krazy Krazy
Hurray Hurray Hurray

Long live the hijackers!

12/9/06, 9:52 AM  
Blogger Logophile said...

I can't imagine anyone else with whom I'd resort to a life of crime.
Happy Anniversary to us!
Great idea, Snav, its been fun.

12/9/06, 12:00 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

So a year later ... I discover this site. Well, actually I was tipped off by a comment at my site.

My my, do you reaize how long it's going to take me to cull through a year's worth of this ... this drivel? (I happen to love drivel!)

Thanks for the tip, limey. Of course, in due time, I'll have to check out the rest of the collaborators.

So many blogs .. so little time ..
so little time .. so little life.

12/9/06, 12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey folks, mind if I visit? I'm just kind of resting awhile. In all of blogdom, no one's home right now. I guess they are either shopping, or at the Olive Garden. I can't even comment on my own post because my comment section won't allow anonymous comments from my home PC.
Pretty pathetic!
Anyway, happy anniversary you high-jackers.
I guess I'll move on, thanks for the respite. Galen

12/9/06, 6:32 PM  
Blogger S said...

Well Snavs, we can blame it all on you...blogging, HNT, Stuff portrait friday...all your fault!
And woweee what a blast!
THANK YOU SNAVS!!!!

12/9/06, 9:45 PM  
Blogger Bsoholic said...

Crazy that I made it back for the 1 year anniversary after being an original member for a while then leaving. o_O Stars aligned and such. Haha! :P

12/10/06, 1:46 AM  
Blogger lime said...

hale and g-man, we're happy to have you enjoy the mayhem....for optimal humor enjoyment browse archives while inebriated.

bs, we are all stil lgiddy with delight that you've returned to the fold....hhmmmm....may call for a special hnt welcome back...

12/10/06, 2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually came over the day of this post but for some reason beta isn't letting me sign in so I am doing this annonymously . LOL!

Breazy said.....

It has been true pleasure to share this space with you all even though I rarely post here . I hope the next year is even better and to BS for his welcome back ... w00t!!

12/13/06, 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home