Friday, December 23, 2005

When this blogger was but a sweet and cute lil five and a half year old lass she received from the stork a younger brother.
It was an exciting time, with many new and interesting happenings.



A fascinating aspects of having this young male child join two sisters was a whole new vocabulary. One of these words was scrotum. Only vaguely concerned with the definition, I just enjoyed saying the word. It was altogether new and unfamiliar. Starting with a sharp hiss, then scooting back in the mouth and rounding out to the O. Then the last syllable ending with the lips together in a hum. Even today I enjoy saying "sanctum sanctorum" for much the same reason, its just fun to say! However, I am saddened to report the kindergarten teacher at the rather conservative private school I was attending was not well enough adjusted to handle a young lady in her class periodically murmuring "scrotum" throughout the day. My mother was summoned to the school to handle this crisis. Thankfully, in this particular instance she exhibited a great deal of common sense, and explained to me that scrotum is not a word people typically bandy about in polite conversation or classroom settings.
Thus enlightened I returned to class.

6 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

*walks on stage and curtsies*

a poem by lime

Ode to the Scrotum

O wrinkled sac
where testicles are packed
some have hair
others are shaved bare
please never goad 'em
it's no way to treat a scrotum

*curstsies daintily*

12/23/05, 1:22 AM  
Blogger Logophile said...

Yay!!
*applauds by snapping fingers in an obvious and failed attempted to be hip*
Ms. Lime, you rock my world!

12/23/05, 1:24 AM  
Blogger Bsoholic said...

Hahahaha! She said scrotum...

Great poem lime!

12/23/05, 9:00 AM  
Blogger S said...

ROTF......I'm speechless!

12/23/05, 11:39 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT>....


I just spit out my Starfucks!!!

Ha!!!!!

I love it LOGO and LIME!!

Ya'll rock!!!

12/23/05, 11:57 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

It could have been so much worse!! Yay Logo's mom!!

LOL at Lime!!

12/24/05, 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home